Jun 27, 2022 etc
Lana here, Metro Arts Editor. I unexpectedly got a pretty awesome opportunity in the United States which means I am begrudgingly leaving my post at Metro to head over to one of the most hectic places. While it’s a strange time for me, it does create an opportunity for someone awesome to swoop in to the soon be vacant Arts Editor position and create some great arts content for the magazine.
Incase you have been living under a rock, Metro is a current affairs magazine that has been part of Auckland’s social fabric since 1981, moving through many iterations but united by one goal: to celebrate and hold the city to account. Currently, we exist as a quarterly, with four bigger, fatter, more beautiful issues a year.
Our Arts Editor role is 0.8 FTE and based in our central Auckland office. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing the arts section helping to showcase New Zealand art to new audiences.
- Commissioning a wide range of arts coverage spanning longer essays, reviews, interviews and profiles that offer a fresh and in-depth approach to arts coverage for a mainstream audience.
- Working with a wide range of writers, building the arts writing capacity and professional pathways.
- Writing a weekly arts e-newsletter.
- Meaningfully contributing to other core work at Metro.
Sound like a bit of you? Send us an expression of interest by FRIDAY JULY 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to tell us about yourself and what ideas you have for our arts section.
Note: This is a fixed contract role from 29 August until 23 December 2022. It is currently funded by Creative New Zealand until the end of 2022. New funding will need to be sought for the role beyond this point and, if successful, the contract would be extended for the duration of the funding.